Oh yeah, you knew this was going to come up today. So today marks the anniversary of the day Hallmark (and, I presume, the flower industry) pulled off a bit of marketing genius and turned February 14 into yet another consumer orgy. Without lube.
Anyways, this is the first Valentine's Day I've been single since 2002. In fact, the 2002 one is the only one that really counts. Before that I was in the closet. And when you're in the closet, every day is like being single on Valentine's Day. Actually it's like every day your dog dies, you get fired from your job and then you get mugged on your way home. And on top of that it happens to be February 14 and you're single.
But I digress.
I'm actually not too broken up (teehee) about the whole deal. I mean, sure, it'd be nice to have someone. I love doing all that romantic crap. My first real Valentine's Day fell on a Friday, and I wired up Tavy's stereo to wake us up to "Friday I'm in Love." Those were the days.
But hey, nothing to complain about really. When I'm looking at my fourth consecutive single Valentine's Day I'll bitch. For now, I'm actually moderately comfortable being single.
It's sort of like being a consultant. Sure, I won't rack up as many hours as a staff member would. But I'm always visiting new "clients" and every "project" is unique. I get to do all the interesting work and leave all the boring stuff for the next guy.
And best of all, I get to charge an arm and a leg. Okay that part was a joke.
Image courtesy of everettt.com.
- Be safe and considerate...and bland
- Born again blogger
- Vice grip
- Hunka hunka tacky love
- I'd like to thank my Mom...for raising me to be di...
- Chat truce
- Scamming like it's 1989
- Get to work, lazy blogosphere!
- Just call it the "bowling bag"
- Ex Communication
- The sketch doesn't last forever, but the memories ...
- 21 things you didn't know about sex...with me
- Man overboard
- It's a bullet massager, I swear!
- Dancing with WASPs
- Can you see me now?
- Your love is like a cinnamon heart rammed up my as...
- Screw you guys
- Blame Alexander Fleming
- Taking minty fresh a little too far
- We need a fresh supply of tampon rations NOW!
- Step away from the keyboard!
- Now to infect my enemies!
- You can't spell culture without cult
- Help me help you get rid of Me™
- This cheese needs more whiz
- Line: crossed
- Sleepwalking woman has sex with strangers!?
- Back in the ghetto
- ▼ February (30)
Stories I"m Digging
- 15 Minute Lunch
- about a boy and his briefs
- Blogging My Way To Self Importance!
- Diary Of An Addict
- Human Nature
- I must be dreaming
- in the what?
- Our Little Institution
- Planet Skybar
- Rainbow Colored Glasses
- Ready, Reset, Go!
- Rhamblings and Grahamblings
- Sarah O.
- The Adventures of Ken
- The West Village Kid
- trading faces
- What Isn't Given