La frauda

So I noticed I'd lost my VISA the other day. I've lost my driver's license and my debit card many times, but this is the first time I've lost a credit card. Anyways, assuming this was no big deal I rang up CIBC to let them know. They started running down the charges on the card.

"Did you go to Cracker Barrel in North York?"

"Uh, no." Whoa, what the hell is going on here?

"The movie theatre for $20?"

"I don't go to movies?" A light panic starts to set in.

"La Senza?"

"I have never in my life set foot in La Senza." Apparently CIBC doesn't realize that I'm gay man who is not a drag queen.

That's right, somebody stole my VISA and decided to go on the lamest shopping spree in fraud history. I mean, is it really worth the risk of going to jail so you can save $20 on the latest Sandra Bullock movie? La Senza raises a whole other raft of questions. Is this is a woman? If so, are the clerks not noticing the very male name printed on the card. Maybe it is a drag queen after all. Although I'd expect some charges to Mack in that case.

The silver lining is that CIBC isn't making a stink over it. I've had credit with them for almost six years now, and really, who's going to lie about shopping at Cracker Barrel? So they're reversing the charges, and they're going to mail me an affidavit to sign. Easy peasy...so far.

That's right, I'm saying good things about a bank. I feel dirty now. If only I had some frilly black lingerie to cheer me up! *shakes fist*

Image courtesy of babasu.

6 Comments:

  1. Jeff Skybar said...
    For Gob Sakes! When I steal credit cards at least I rack up a few thousand dollars. Hey, how else did you think I furnished my home?

    I would like to thank Mr. Ching for the nice trip to SF I'm taking in June.

    ;-P
    Daniel Thomasson said...
    You are lucky the bank is not making a huge stink over all of this. It would be my luck that the bank would make me pay for it all.
    Anonymous said...
    Your getting careless in your OLD age. Been there, done that. Woke up next morning after a heavy night to find wallet gone. The price sometimes of enjoying the good life. C'est la vie...

    Ken
    Grahamburger said...
    Who spends twenty bucks at the movies?

    This is so like you. Get your credit card stolen and they can't even like...buy a yacht or something. I'd buy a yacht if I stole your credit card. :P
    Threnody said...
    If you think I have enough credit to buy a Yacht then you haven't been paying very close attention.

    Hopefully it wasn't one of my tricks, that'd just be embarrassing.
    Unknown said...
    At least they didn't take a trip on the Piccadilly line as what once occured with mine. It's like seriously, if you're going to go to the trouble of cloning my card, you might as well buy a 6 zone day pass or a top up your fucking Oyster card.

Post a Comment